- 69 members voted absentee
- 47 voted live on Zoom
- 116 total votes with unanimous approval of budget
Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Pre-Meeting Open Forum: Members of the UUCF Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and Rev. Carl will be available to discuss any questions or suggestions about the proposed budget (see link below). If possible, please email any questions or suggestions in advance to by Friday, October 30. (We'll begin by responding to the questions received in advance, then move to an open chance to ask any remaining questions.)
- Budget Notes - important background, introduction, and context for budget
- Proposed Budget (through June 2021)
Sunday, November 22 at 11:45 a.m.
Special Congregational Meeting: Three weeks after the Pre-Meeting Open Forum on the budget, we will hold a special business meeting for a straight "up-or-down vote" on the proposed budget, immediately following the 10:30 a.m. Sunday Service. (Thus any proposed changes to the budget would need to be brought up in advance at the Open Forum on November 1.) The budget proposal comes before the congregation as the recommendation of the UUCF Board, Finance Committee, and minister.
- Agenda for Special Meeting
- For quorum, we need at least 84 members present, which is 25% of our 333 voting members. (Absentee votes will count toward quorum.)
- If you are a UUCF Member who has NOT voted absentee by midnight on Thursday, November 19, please plan to participate if possible in the online meeting on Sunday, November 22.
- Because the Zoom "participant" number will be used to determine quorum and Zoom Polling (one vote per participant/device), the Zoom link for this Special Meeting will be emailed only to UUCF members who have NOT voted absentee. (We will plan to email the Zoom link by 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 21.)
- If you do NOT receive the weekly UUCF e-newsletter, please email by Friday, November 20 to make sure you receive the Annual Meeting Zoom link.
- Only one vote allowed per device logged in to Zoom. If there is more than one UUCF Member per household, please log in on separate devices. (If there is more than one UUCF Member per household, and you will be UNABLE to log in on multiple devices, please email by Monday, November 16 to discern a mutually workable accommodation.)
Absentee Voting (if NOT attending 11/22 special meeting)
- Please only vote absentee if you will NOT be attending the Annual Meeting; otherwise, you could be counted twice for quorum or voting.
- According to the UUCF Bylaws “The Board may also choose to use absentee voting instead of (but not in addition to) proxy voting at a meeting in which amendments are not allowed.” The Board has chosen absentee voting for two reasons: (1) We hope to clarify questions or respond to any concerns at the 11/1 Pre-Meeting Open Forum on the Budget and (2) Proxy voting would be cumbersome and confusing on Zoom.
- Absentee votes will count toward quorum. To vote absentee, a UUCF member must email UUCF Board Secretary, Gary Magnuson (), by midnight on Thursday, November 19 with your vote on one of the following two options regarding the proposed budget either "I APPROVE the proposed Budget" or "I do NOT approve the proposed Budget."
Thank you for your ongoing care, concern, and support for UUCF and for one another during this time!
(The short link for this webpage is frederickuu.org/budget)