- Where should I buy a meditation cushion?: monasterystore.org - Among the many good options for purchasing a meditation seat/cushion/mat for at-home practice, this was the best option when Carl last researched this question.
- What meditation app should I use?
- Insight Timer - an extremely useful aid for meditating: "Home to more than 1,900,000 meditators, Insight Timer is rated as the top free meditation app on the Android and iOS stores." This app is the bell/timer that Carl uses during the retreat.
- 10% Happier - meditation for fidgety skeptics
- What are some good meditation podcasts?
- Be Here Now - a network of mindfulness and spirituality podcasts. Pick the one(s) that interest you most. (I particularly recommend Jack Kornfield's "Heart Wisdom" podcast and Joseph Goldstein's "Insight Hour" podcast.)
- Buddhist Geeks - not a lot of new episodes recently, but the archives are very much worth diving into.
- 10% Happier - with Dan Harris
- Deconstructing Yourself - Mindfulness, Meditation, Awakening, Hardcore Dharma, and more
- Where can I practice in between retreats?
- UUCF Buddhist Fellowship - currently with meetings: (a) twice/month on Sundays, (b)Wednesdays midday, and (c) Thursday evenings.
- Frederick Refuge Recovery - Meditation-based Addiction Recovery Group on Thursday evenings.
- Irene teaches a weekly yoga class at UUCF.
How to Meditate (Basic)
How to Meditate (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Click here for a Resources Guide: books, guided meditations, and more -- related to various ways to practice meditation
Upcoming Mini-Retreats at UUCF
Details available at frederickuu.org/retreat
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/meditation)