Social Action Committee
UUCF's Social Action Committee (SAC) coordinates members and friends acting for social justice at the local, state, national, and international level.
Join us for our monthly meetings, typically on 3rd Tuesdays in Room 113/115
- 5:00 p.m. Potluck Snacks & Conversation
- 5:30 p.m. Meeting
For more information, or to be added to the SAC contact list, email .
Learn more on our Social Action Committee blog
From March 1, 2018 - April 15, 2018, SAC will be accepting nominations for 2018-2019 split-plate recipients. Nomination Forms are available online or in the Social Action cabinet in the atrium at UUCF.
What are some current social action opportunities?
Many opportunity are listed regularly in our weekly and monthly e-newsletter, the latest versions of which are available from links our homepage.
- UU Legislative Ministry of Maryland - mobilize and advocate on specific issues before the Maryland General Assembly based on UU values
- UUCF West Virginia Network - network of UUCF members and friends who live in WV.
- UUs for Social Justice in the Capital Region - advocating for UU values in Washington, D.C.
- UU-United Nations Office - international advocacy work at the United Nations based on UU values.
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee - a nonsectarian organization that advances human rights and social justice in the United States and around the world
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/socialaction.)