Auction Items Remaining for 2019
If you are interested in one of more of these items, please email with the following:
- The item(s) you want
- For how many people?
- Storytelling 101 Class (only 1 spot remaining @ $40/person)
- Doggy Days of Summer Pool Party! (7 spots available @ $20/person)
- Annual Blue Bell Walk (2 spots available @ $35/person)
- Songwriting Workshop with Lisa & Bill Bromfield (12 spots available @ $25/person)
- I Want to Dance with Somebody (4 spots available @ $70/person)
- Strawbale Home Tour, Cocktails & Dinner (6 spots available @ $50/person)
- Sizzling Summertime Smorgasboard (3 spots available @ $50/person)
- Annual Salmon Dinner (0 spot available) - SOLD OUT
- Mushroom Walk with John (2 spots available @ $40/person)
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Theme: "Halloween 2"--costumes encouraged!
Donate Items for Auction
Please add descriptions of items you plan to donate through our online Auction Donation Form.
$10 for ages 15 & up.
Due to Space Constraints, ticket Sales are limited. (Don't delay, buy your tickets early!) On sale in the atrium each Sunday.
Friday November 1 at 9:00am. (Volunteers needed and welcome to help!)
Auction Night Schedule
- 5:00 - 6:40 p.m. Silent Auction
- 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Finger Foods (BYOB)
- 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. Entertainment
- 6:45 p.m. Cashier opens for early check out
- 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Live Auction
- 9:00 until… Clean-up
Ideas for Auction Donations
We need events for the Live Auction!
- Dinners & Parties,
- Tours & Vacations
- Home-cooked meals,
- Expert advice and services, and more!
Let your imagination run wild! We also encourage welcome family-affordable and family-featured events
Silent Auction items needed too--quality items such as:
- Decorative items (Jewelry, Art, etc.)
- Tools, Appliances, Dishes,
- Sport equipment, Musical instruments, Household goods
That unusual item your relative left you--all gratefully accepted, and more!
(Minimum Bid for all Silent Auction items is $5, so please consider that when planning your donation.)
UUNIQUE Handcrafted Items are also needed: Calling All Artists & Handcrafters!
- We will again be featuring a special section in the Silent Auction of "UUnique Handcrafted items" such as hand knits, quilts, hand carved items, etc. This will feature high quality items hand-made by UUCF Members and Friends.
- Minimum bids will be priced commensurate with their actual value, considering the time and materials it takes to produce a quality handcrafted item. In addition to a minimum opening bid, there will be a minimum bidding increment for subsequent bids. Unsold items will be returned to the donor and will NOT be included in the next day “Cash and Carry".
- If you have an item you would like to offer, please select the "UUnique" category when filling out the donation form, and also identify it in the item title, e.g.. "UUnique hand-made quilt". Items must be hand made by a UUCF Member or Friend to qualify for this designation!
Useful Info for Silent Auction Donors & Bidders
- Donors: Attach confirmation emails to your donations (so that the Silent Auction Team can easily identify them). Deliver them to Room 124 immediately after the second service on Sunday, October 27, and daily after that during office hours and at other times, when the building is in use, the week before the auction. Set-up occurs Friday, November 1, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and lasting until approximately 4 p.m. Can’t get to UUCF at any of those times? Donations with confirmation emails will be accepted Noon-4pm on Saturday, Nov 2.
- Donations of alcoholic beverages cannot be accepted, due to laws unique to certain areas of the county.
- If you have a donation that is not a "thing" (such as a service) or is too big to transport, please include a photo or other visual to be displayed with its bid sheet at the auction. Otherwise, the item could be easily overlooked!
- Silent Auction Bidders: on Auction Night, the minimum bid is posted as the first bid on the bid sheet, and reflects the value of a donation, as defined by the donor. The listed minimum bid is first bid on all items. You can find out if you won and take your winnings, after the Silent Auction Team completes the close-out process and all winnings are recorded by cashiers. This year, we will announce when bidders can begin to retrieve winnings. Please wait for that announcement before going back to see if you won a silent auction item!
- Early check-out begins on or about 7pm, after the cashiers have recorded all winnings. There will be an announcement when check-out is open.
- Cash & Carry: Items receiving no bids or whose minimum bids were not met will be for sale the next day, Sunday in the “Cash ‘n Carry.” Look for the Cash ‘n Carry table set up in the Chapel. Purchase these items by taking them to a cashier in the office and making an offer. After Sunday services and coffee hour, all remaining items are donated to the Goodwill.
Questions? Contact Karen Russell, Silent Auction Chair: or 301-834-3884.
Thank you for your creativity & generosity to everyone who donates to either the Live or Silent Auction!
Join the Auction Team
Your help is needed for the Auction set-up and clean-up, starting on Friday November 1 at 9am! Please contact Scott Norris or Nancy Roblin:
- Scott Norris:
- Nancy Roblin:
- Karen Russell: