Adult Spiritual Enrichment Registration
To suggest a class or workshop or adult education activity, please see How To Propose Future Courses.
Women's Sharing Circle
- Instructor: Julia Jones, a life coach who helps (mostly) women dig deep into their belief systems and life experiences to help them cultivate healthy and nourishing roots so they can live deeper, truer, and more authentic lives.
- Monday, February 25, 7:00 pm
- Description: Women's Sharing Circle is a gathering of women and allies to share women's stories, especially those that have been raised by the current political climate. Stories will not be discussed, questioned, or analyzed. The group will respond with words of acknowledgement and support provided by the group leader. The purpose of the Women's Sharing Circle is to decrease the burden through sharing, to encourage solidarity and intimacy, and to uphold the power of community in time so of darkness.
- Cost: free
Storytelling Undone: Live, True Storytelling: Tell Your Story
- Instructor: Juliet Hutchings
- Saturdays, February 23, March 2,9,15,23, and April 6 (840a)
- We all have stories to tell. But sometimes, we don’t know where to begin. This class is designed to facilitate the live, true storytelling process, from beginning to end, starting from nothing and ending up with one performanceready story. Each class will focus on a specific step in the process, starting with finding, then crafting, editing, practicing and, finally, performing the story. A performance night will be mutually chosen and agreed up by class members and UUCF staff. If you like The Moth or StoryCorps, you’ll love this! Juliet Hutchings has been telling and teaching live true stories since 2010. Trained by the good folks at Story District in Washington, DC, Juliet took those skills to Rwanda and taught live storytelling in Kigali and then in Cape Town, South Africa. She looks very forward to helping guide you on your storytelling journey! ‣ Class is offered to anyone 16+
- Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/storytelling-101-tickets-56189995790
Effort & Ease Yoga: 8-week series
- Instructor: Julie Hanson
- Tuesdays, beginning March 5, 6:00 p.m to 7:00 p.m.
- A Trauma-informed, gentle series for all bodies
- $12/session (pay at the door)--or pre-pay the series ($80) at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trauma-informed-yoga-8-week-series-tickets-56190608623
Kundalini Yoga & Meditation
- Instructor: Stephanie Lynne
- Wednesdays, beginning March 6
UUCF 101: Pathways to Membership
- Saturday, April 6, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Rooms 113/115
- Are you considering membership at UUCF? Join the Membership Committee for a half-day intensive exploration of Unitarian Universalist history and principles, specific information about our own congregation, and discussion of our individual spiritual journeys. Participants will receive a free copy of the UUA booklet Welcome: A Unitarian Universalist Primer. Light refreshments will be provided.
Diabetes UNDONE (or Heart Disease or Overweight UNDONE)
- Instructor: Deborah Chielli
- Four 3-hour sessions (Saturdays 10am-1pm, April 13, 20, 27 & May 11) on the diet and lifestyle factors which cause (and can reverse) these & other chronic diseases. Films, food tasting, wellness talks, support.
- Deborah Chielli, UUCF member & nurse practitioner facilitates
- $80 includes attendee + a family member
- For more information or to sign-up, email .
Yoga for Beginners
- Instructor: Irene Glasse
- Tuesdays, 10:00 am in the Chapel (10a)
- Feeling stressed? Try yoga! Yoga for Beginners offers an accessible pace of basic yoga poses appropriate for beginners or anyone looking for a focused, mindful yoga practice.
- Feel free to contact Irene with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suggested Donation to UUCF: $5 per session
- Instructor: Katie Giarth
- Fridays, 5:30 pm (Chapel)
- Feldenkrais employs guided attention and gentle movement with an emphasis on sensory learning--and improves posture, flexibility, coordination, athletic performance, mobility, chronic pain, tension, and stress. *Cost: $10/session (or $80 for all 10 sessions)
- Visit brainbodymotion.com for more information.
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/AdultRE.)